Viktor‘s Notes for the Neurosurgery Resident ISSN 2029-2538
Free and continuously updated
Free and continuously updated educational materials
Designed for early-career neurosurgeons, neurosurgery residents and aspiring medical students who need fast information retrieval
Hearts and Prayers for Ukraine! Серця і Mолитви за Україну!
Ukraine, you are not walking alone! Україно, ти крокуєш не одна!
The new (2022) condensed section
>> tailored to assist early-career neurosurgeons with ABNS (American Board of
Neurological Surgery) oral exam preparation.
Viktor’s Notessm for the Neurosurgery Resident include:
5. Psychiatry & Behavioral Science
6. Basic Sciences (anatomy, histology, physiology, embryology) of Nervous System, Ear, and Eye.
7. Selected Relevant Topics from Other Medical Fields (e.g., diabetic neurology, neurologic aspects of AIDS, neurogenic bladder, surgical infection, hemostatic agents in surgery, hypertensive encephalopathy, coronary artery disease, pituitary disorders).
If you feel that additional topics could be important for the neurosurgery resident and thus should be included into Viktor’s Notessm for the Neurosurgery Resident, then please do the following:
1) check if the topic is not already in the chapter “Other Relevant Topics” >>
2) if the topic is not there, feel free to contact the Editor >>
The “online notes” format is based on the following features that are implemented into Viktor’s Notessm to facilitate fast information retrieval:
1. Text is divided into logical items under headings and subheadings.
2. Plain text is converted into tables, text boxes, and lists wherever possible.
3. Text is richly formatted with different font styles, colors, sizes, and highlightings.
4. Arbitrary signs and symbols are used (e.g., “ → ” means “following action” or “result / consequence”; “ H: ” means “helpful solution”).
5. Language is simplified – articles (the, a, an) are deliberately removed from the text by text processing software.2)
6. Meaningful prefixes are assigned to page numbers.
7. Cross-references and Hyperlinks are easily visible because of the distinct 40% grey color and accompanying “double arrowhead” (e.g., this is link >>);
terms see below and see above are used when the referenced item is on the same article.
8. All pages have a string “Last updated:” indicating the date of the most recent content revision.
9. Finally, text is edited to be as concise as possible without sacrificing any important information.
Updated: May 20, 2023