Viktor‘s Notes for the Neurosurgery Resident ISSN 2029-2538
Free online source of educational materials:
– open peer reviewed and continuously updated
– designed for doctors in training (primarily neurosurgery residents) who need fast information retrieval
Viktor’s Notessm for the Neurosurgery Resident include the following medical fields:
5. Psychiatry & Behavioral Science
6. Basic Sciences (anatomy, histology, physiology, embryology) of Nervous System, Ear, and Eye.
7. Selected Relevant Topics from Other Medical Fields (e.g., diabetic neurology, neurologic aspects of AIDS, neurogenic bladder, surgical infection, hemostatic agents in surgery, hypertensive encephalopathy, coronary artery disease, pituitary disorders).
If you feel that additional topics could be important for the neurosurgery resident and thus should be included into Viktor’s Notessm for the Neurosurgery Resident, then please do the following:
1) check if the topic is not already in the chapter “Other Relevant Topics” >>
2) if the topic is not there, feel free to contact the Editor >>
The “online notes” format is based on the following features that are implemented into Viktor’s Notessm to facilitate fast information retrieval:
1. Text is divided into logical items under headings and subheadings.
2. Plain text is converted into tables, text boxes, and lists wherever possible.
3. Text is richly formatted with different font styles, colors, sizes, and highlightings.
4. Arbitrary signs and symbols are used (e.g., “ → ” means “following action” or “result / consequence”; “ H: ” means “helpful solution”).
5. Language is simplified – articles (the, a, an) are deliberately removed from the text by text processing software.2)
6. Meaningful prefixes are assigned to page numbers.
7. Cross-references and Hyperlinks are easily visible because of the distinct 40% grey color and accompanying “double arrowhead” (e.g., this is link >>);
terms see below and see above are used when the referenced item is on the same article.
8. All pages have a string “Last updated:” indicating the date of the most recent content revision.
9. Finally, text is edited to be as concise as possible without sacrificing any important information.
Viktor’s Notessm are not intended to compete with well known and time honored book titles which are indicated in the Bibliography section of each chapter. In fact, one of the goals of this web site is to help to locate the original sources; therefore, the Editor sincerely encourages readers to use these books >> to further expand their knowledge in the areas of their individual interests.
Updated: April 5, 2016